- Family & Matrimonial
- Residential Conveyancing
- Financial Advice
- Wills Trusts & Estates
- Why Us
- Our People
Cullimore Dutton Solicitors Ltd is a highly regarded and long established law business in Chester with the benefit of being located in beautiful grounds within the city centre. We pride ourselves on providing both a high standard of service to clients and a work environment that demonstrates the value we place in our people. The experience of our employees ranges from trainees and those beginning their careers to the very experienced and knowledgeable. We appreciate the contribution of them all and are keen to enable them to be successful within their careers with us.
Our business is growing and so too are the roles and careers within it. Consequently, we are always interested to hear from people, both fee earning and support roles, who feel they would enjoy being part of and make a valuable contribution to our team.
Legal Cashier (Full-time)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
To support the Head Cashier with all day to day accounting activities ensuring the department is run smoothly and efficiently, while practicing strict adherence to the SRA Accounts Rules.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Complete the daily banking reconciliations for both the client and office accounts.
• Process client and office receipts and complete the daily banking.
• Process client and office cheque requests.
• Process daily transactional postings such as search journals, petty cash, interest calculations, client to client transfers.
• Process incoming and outgoing electronic transactions.
• Check, VAT and post all client bills.
• Process debit and credit card payments.
• Process deposits and withdrawals to and from Client Monies Services deposit account.
• Post supplier invoices to the purchase ledger and ensure payments are processed in accordance with payment terms.
• Maintain strict records for Shares and Valuables held by Cullimore Dutton and complete an annual audit.
• Send closed files to off-site storage and request and record destruction as required.
• Ensure all transactions are recorded correctly and the firm’s policies and procedures are strictly followed to maintain compliance.
• Monitor Aged Debt.
• Any other duties reasonably requested.
Personal Qualities & Skills Required
Applications are welcome from Legal Cashiers with at least 2 years experience working within a similar role. A thorough knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is essential. Excellent time management, organisational skills and attention to detail are essential for this role. A willingness to be flexible around busier times such as month end and year end and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Agencies please do not apply.