Ecclesiastical & Charitable Property
The Chester Diocese has a very significant property portfolio and entrusts us to act on its behalf.
We also have considerable experience so far as other charitable and ecclesiastical property is concerned, having worked closely with the Trustees for Methodist Church Purposes Legal Department and the Charity Commission and for a number of regional charities.
Frequently our work involves navigating through some idiosyncratic and archaic governance. This highly specialised work is expertly handled by our knowledgeable team. We have particular expertise in:
- Sales, purchases, mortgages and auctions
- Title reports, first registrations, rights of long user, easements and boundaries
- Leases, lettings and telecoms
- Transfers of property between different church bodies
- Parsonages, Curacy Houses and Manses
- Churchyards, burial grounds and closed churches
- Glebe land
- Church halls